Sign in to follow this  
chefxian

Please Tell me whats going on!

I have 3 ponds around my house. I live in Jacksonville Florida. My problem is the largest pond develops this huge amount of Moss or Scum. The scum will go away after the rains and stay near the shoreline around the impoundment. When there is no rain this moss or algae or whatever will collect all over the lake. The homeowners association sprays the pond sometimes and it will temporarily take care of the problem. My question is, is there anyone out there rhat is familar with this and if so what can I reccomend to the Association? Thank You for your help.

Find your local bass club and they should be able to help you, also your States BASS federation will also maybe help.

Call your DNR.  they should be able to help,or at least point you in the right direction.

This happens regularly on a lot of ponds because the sun causes the plants to grow and come to the surface.  As for treating it the neighborhood association should contact someone who can professionally treat your lake. It may be expensive but it is definately worth it to have it done right.