Sign in to follow this  
jappleseed4

Smith Mountain Lake lures

Well here is my 2 cents.  I fish SML regularly.  If I'm

fishing plastics:  Usually Zoom Brush Hog I'll go with pumpkinseed, watermelon, or red/black flake.  Worms pretty much same colors, I do like the redshad for worms.

Crankbaits:  Shad colors work, I also like the yellow black at night.

You for sure need to go deep now to get most of the bass unless you find some good docks or at night when the shad move up.  

Maybe fivebasslimit can add to this.  He fishes pretty regularly to.  I think he's been haveing some good luck.  

Good Luck!  

jappleseed.....the key is to throw what they are biting on a consistent basis.... ;)

kbj,how did you guys do Tuesday night?What won it?

I ended up fishing it by myself.  Started off, yanking a brush hog out of ones mouth.  Got to excited I guess, I saw him go for it and I reared back a little to soon.  Then I broke one off at a dock about 30 min. later, then I lost one at the boat.  I couldn't get to the net, so I let him play himself out, then when I reached down to bring him in he shook off.  Then I had one follow my brush hog to the boat after I started reeling in to fast after I fished around the boat dock.  Need to sloooooooowwwww dowwwwwwn.  I deceided after all that, I wasn't supposed to catch any that night.  Anyway 13 something won it.  Which surprised me, because some big boys were there.  Dale Wilson was there, actually I think he won.  Didn't stick around after the night I had.  He usually catches in the 19-20lb range.

wow, i didnt know sml had any bass. Everytime i went there it was overun by boats and was polluted. I always thought it was a striper lake. I fished there at summer camp and only caught some lil blue gill.