Sign in to follow this  
alloymiken

25 plus cranking in 2 feet of water

Did anyone ever try throwing a Manns 25plus crankbait in shallow muddy water?

I fished the Nanticoke River in Virginia a few years ago in the Eastern Divisionals. In a week of prefishing I think I was only able to catch a fish or two a day. I was pretty beaten down BEFORE the fishoffs even started.

Only after the fishoffs did I find out how the local teams fish that area (muddy shallow river system). They use those deep crankbaits to literally dig up the bottom. And of course..............the locals won the tournament.

Have applied the same in RI and it works pretty well indeed. Only in mud. Doesn't seem to work in weedy lakes.

I use those stretch divers that you fish for walleyes with and use them in like 5 ft of water. works great.

I use those stretch divers that you fish for walleyes with and use them in like 5 ft of water. works great.

Yup, I've used a Cotton Cordell Grappler Shad this way.  Had more luck with it than most of my other crankbaits.

Plowing the bottom with those big lipped cranks is a very effective way, the bait runs like crazy darting sideways, rising and diving on every turn of the handle.