Sign in to follow this  
Chris

In case you didn't know

This is the time of year to break out the flipping tubes. The shad and everything has spawned and the fish should be feeding small baitfish and this is tube season. In case ya didn't know ;D

chris, thanks, im one of the few, it seems, that didnt know.  ill have to try them ou this weekend.

Darker tubes may resemble crawfish also. Tube fishing has been good for me as soon as the craws starting moving in the waters that may be just barely 50. Work them slowly along the bottom, or hop them occasionally. (Not that tubes swam around docks don't imitate small fish in summer.) Tubes are very versatile!

You should enjoy how the  smallies tear into them during the spawn too.

Thanks for the heads up,Chris.I'll ,for sure,use and file this info away.Where I live the fish practically quit around the second week of July.It's a real struggle to get a bite this time of year.

I was talking about flipping but it don't matter. In clear water on deep humps and points I throw a tube on a jighead and let it spiral down and hop it.

i have never been able to catch a bass in georgia on tubes!!! i have probably spent 6 hours tryin um.  i went to rhode island this weekend, and on my first cast i caught a 2 lb. smallie.  what gives bout ga

donno about GA.  but NC, durin the spawn, I was killin 'em on a tube.

maybe u did somethin different there in rhode island?  temp maybe played a part with what you were doin?

I have a tube tied on any and everytime I fish.  This is my go to bait for all occasions.  Draggin, hoppin, swimmin and floatin, it gets fished in all manner. IMO nothin beats the tube.