Sign in to follow this  
Low_Budget_Hooker

THINNEST FROG

I was wondering which of the new plastic frogs is the thinnest in the body?

yum buzzfrog

horny toad

reaction ribbit

etc

Have you tried a heddon moss boss L-B-H? I've caught more bass on those than any soft frog I have ever used. I'm not even sure what the bait is imitating but the bass cant resist them. The thing just swims over slop flawlessly, if that's what your lookin' for.

I read that tackle tour review of the Sizmic Toad after I bought them. I don't see the surface disturbance that the reviewer did. That doesn't mean they won't attract fish, because they do.

The reason I bought them over the Horny Toad was because they were thinner and I felt I'd have a better chance of getting a good hookset.

Both the Sizmic and the Horny tend to roll over with the hook shank riding up instead of down; at least that's what happens when I use them.

I haven't been using the toads that much. My favorite buzzing soft plastic is the tail of an Ultra-Vibe Speed Worm fused to the body of a Fluke or Assassin.

low_budget, go get yourself some Bayou Bullfrogs made by V&M bait co. They are very thin and have a perfect action. I caught some on them last week while fishing down south, good hooksets but still very durable.