Sign in to follow this  
Shad_Master

hook, line and sinker

I have been having trouble lately with bass swallowing the hook on me. I am using a 3/0 hook and the fish range anywhere from <1 lb up to 3+ lbs. It seems to mostly be the smaller one's that are swallowing it and I really don't think I am waiting too long on the hookset. Sometimes they pounce on my bait as soon as it hits the water and still have it stuck in their gullet. Any idea what's going on?

I would guess plastic worm or possibly a senko.I'm having the same problem where I fish.The plastic worms go down real quick these days.

I'm usually fishing 15-20' of water and in brushpiles when it happens.Detecting strikes in brushpiles is difficult sometimes.You fishin' brush?

keep your line taught, so when you feel the bite, u dont use as much tine to rel up the slack.  if ure fishin a senko then i dont know what to tell ya cuz u need slack line

I've been having the same problem for some reason, don't know why??

I'm mostly fishing Lake Fork Ring Fries when this is happening.  The fish are pulled up tight to the weeds and I am fishing from the bank, so a lot of them are right at my feet.  There is an inlet culvert that I can crawl up on so that I am about 6' above the water and pitching to moss and duckweed that has blown in.  The fish are hitting the bait as soon as I put it in the water, and I have a tight line, but they are still swallowing the hook.  That is why it is so puzzeling.

I had the same broblem today.  In my case the broblem was that i was fishing in a med. current so the worm was moving as fast as i was, and it gave him time to swollow it.