Sign in to follow this  
fishingrulz

spinnerbait diagram

i need some help here. do any of you guys have a diagram of a spinnerbait that labels all the parts. or know of a sight that has one if so could you post it or can you explain the parts to me? thanks a lot

It's not that hard.

First, starting with the blades, you have the blades.   ;D  

If it's a double-bladed spinnerbait, you will have two.  The main blade is attatched to the shaft by a swivel.  The additional blade is attatched with a small piece of metal, not sure of the politically correct name though.

Moving up the shaft, you have the hook eye.  This can be were the wire in the shaft is twisted to make an actual eye, or it's just an "R" bend, as I like to call them.

Now that you have moved up the shaft, move down past the hook eye, and you have the head of the bait.  It is attatched with a rubberband, most times, sometimes with thread that is cemented into place.

Then, you have the skirt, which covers the hook.  

If you add a trailer hook or skirt, then, you will add that to the main hook.

In addition, the small "BB" like balls that seperate the secondary blade from the main blade are just that, seperators.  They do not function as anything else, just to keep the blades from hitting each other.

A.D. Livingston has a book out called "Luremaking --

The Art and Science of Spinnerbaits, Buzzbaits, Jigs, and other Leadheads.

It's pretty thorough.

The additional blade is attatched with a small piece of metal, not sure of the politically correct name though

Clevis is the name.

Guest DavidGreen

fishingrulz1234,

is the blade attactched by the clevis called the front blade? and the one above is called the rear blade?

The blade in the clevis is called the rocker blade, the one up the frame is the main..... ;)

I call the clevis attached one the front blade, and the other one the rear blade.