Sign in to follow this  
abelfisher

A Bass is like a Cat

We happen to have two cats in our household.  One cat is about 14 yrs old and the other is about 8 months.  I have noticed a big difference in them.  The younger cat is always frisky.  He is always wanting attention. He is alwyas running around getting into trouble., Clawing furniture, jumping on the counters, playfully attackingn the older cat., etc.

The older cat is more quiet, calmer, only moves when necessary (to eat, crap, and when he wants some attention from me) and the older cat is very WISE!

I got to thinking today that younger bass are probably alot like a younger cat; more curious,  more active, willing to chase down just about anything, therefore getting into more trouble., ie,getting caught.

Older bass, move less, don't exert any energy unless absolutely necessary, and very wise.  Much harder to get them excited.  

I just thought the similarities were curiously funny, so I thought OI would share my observation.  Next time I go fishing I am going to think about the older cat!   ;D

:)

I completly agree with you. Now if can use that info on the water you can catch big bass.

An ultra lite and a string on the end has always kept my drag and cat in shape.LOL

Fishing with our 8 month old Ocicat, Ginger:

IMG_0419.jpg

Btw, she dragged that 'rig' up the stairs to our bedroom the other night. She is a hoot!!!

And you are absolutely correct in your analogy :).

Dan

You can apply that analogy to about anything.... Just remember when you were in your teens or 20's, always on the move, eating like a horse and never gaining weight.  Now (in my case), the metabolism is slowing down, the joints feel like crap, and it takes me a while to get going.   :)

Ironically, I was actually going to type a post similar to this, but hadn't gotten around to it.  I notice all the time how my cat stalks prey similarly to a bass.  I have a wire with a little thing on the end, and sometimes I rip it back and forth and he goes after it, and sometimes I have to slowly drag it tantalizing him to strike.  The wire is thick, and I know he sees my hand moving it, but instinct and reaction get the best of him and he goes for it.  

I got to thinking today that younger bass are probably alot like a younger cat; more curious, more active, willing to chase down just about anything,

You got that right. A small bass will hit anything. Last year, I caught a 6-inch bass on a 5-inch rogue. He was hooked once in the side of his mouth, once in the belly, and once in his tail. I wish I had a camera. I'm still trying to figure out how that bass thought he was going to swallow something that big. :-?

And cats are kinda like people. Young kids have a lot of energy and crave attention while adults are wise and dont have as much energy. So Bass are like people.

And cats are kinda like people. Young kids have a lot of energy and crave attention while adults are wise and dont have as much energy. So Bass are like people.

So if I were to go out on the street corner with a line with say, a snickers on it, I would probably get more kids attacking it than old people?