Sign in to follow this  
Samsonian

Temp. Change

Hi all.

The reservoir I fish has a hot water discharge. This time last year the bass were already on the beds. Warm water. In the summer it used to get hot! Well , Duke Power has added chillers now and the water is much , much cooler . bass just now moving up. do you think this change will make it a better lake for fishing? Its more like a normal lake now.

Guest avid

Normal sounds better.  You will have to adjust to the change but I think it will be fine.

I agree with Avid. The different stages (prespawn, spawn, etc) will start at different times now so you'll have to adjust.

I am very interested in how this will change your lake.So the bass are later than before to spawn?Fish it and find the changes!You will learn alot!I believe that a bass's spawning has to do with water temps.You may have a great oppurtunity to explore some theories.

Thanks for the replies. This lake is in NC. I'm hoping it will make summer fishing better . Water would get close to 90deg.

I think you would be able to define the patterns on your lake better now than before.