Sign in to follow this  
Jolicious

Matches "Made In Heaven", but helped by BR.com :o)

Has anyone met a fishing buddy while discussing tips, lures, etc? I saw a reply to a post I made the other day and the fella was local. So, we sent a couple of PM's back and forth.. Well, heck, now he, my son, and I are hitting the lake together this weekend! We've already gone through about 60 emails over the past couple of days planning our first trip!

It got me to thinking about if anyone else has met new fishing buddies and gotten to fish with different folks on here?

Lots of travelling been going on this year already.

I had the privillege to meet lots of the crew on Fork this year.

I hope to meet more in the future.

Hookem

Matt

Good thread Jolicious...

Yup - I've fished with both flippin4it and alhuff a number of times, and I met them through these boards. In fact, I fish with flippin at least once a week now, and alhuff and I talk several times a week over IM.

I'd definitely consider them both my new fishing buddies.

Pretty cool, this site is great!

Yup.  We ran a trip down to Lake Fork in March where a bunch of us met up.

As far as at home, I have fished with

Dirk_Jig-Lure-RI

Redtail-Mass

Senko77-Geoorgia

NBoucher(next week)-Mass.

Metalhack-Mass

etc

Great place to make new fishing buddies.

I have only been on this forum for a couple of months and I already have a fishin buddy that I fish with atleast once a week. I also fished with another guy yesterday, and I am hitting a lake on Saturday with another guy I havent met yet. Its been a great experience so far! :D

Lets see there's

Buzzbaitfool12

Tenka- Where's is he by the way?

Senko77

Randall

And there's Fishinlunatic. I saw a few of his post on here and put 2 and 2 togeather and low and behold it was a friend I grew up with and haden't seen in 15 years.

Friends I knew already and still fish with

Doghouse

Triton Mike

Clipper - Father-in-Law

Roper400

My step son and I went fishin with WestPalmBchDude it was fun I can't wait to go out again. Still waiting on Hale to come out with us.

I have PM'd with alot of members on a regular basis. I have met up with SgtT, Drums, Vekol and Alhuff. Everyone I have delt with have been really cool, we share ideas and baits as much as we can. I found that by hosting a fishing derby, it is a great excuse to get eveyone together.

On a few occasions I have made it a point to post in my region's forum that I had an extra seat in the boat on a fishing day. I fish alone most of the time as most of my buddies are Fly Rodders and they don't like to fish the same way I do. Every time I have posted though, no one has taken me up on the offer. So, I stopped asking.

You didn't ask me,..... :'(

I've found that finding the people close to you is job 1.  Then you send PM's to get a feel for each other and then you make a plan.  Once you've fished together, it can be just like adding another partner to the list.  

I started out inviting "redtail" to come to my lake which he did.  Then he invited me there and I went.  Now we fish together every few weeks or so schedules permitting.

Just went out with Needemp today.  Had a great time even though it was a blistering 95 degrees out.  We both caught decent fish.  Hope to go back out again with in the future.

Met "Rebbasser" here late last year. Since then, we've fished together on numerous occasions and on 4 different lakes. In fact, we have a tentatively-set trip for this coming Tuesday (early AM), weather permittin'. I'm certain we've averaged over two outings per month since meeting. We've become good friends as well, and talk :D often.

We've pretty much moved to another site, popping in the door here far less often than before, but are certainly grateful to this place for affording us the opportunity to meet.

On my own behalf, so well as Reb's, wishing all here the very best :).

FlyRod

Guest JoshKeller

hey fly, where ya headed? I'll be at choke monday, tuesday, wed, fri, and sun.

hey fly, where ya headed? I'll be at choke monday, tuesday, wed, fri, and sun.

Joshster,

We are thinking Boerne City Lake (NOT the one in Beautiful Downtown Boerne), mainly 'cause return traffic on the Fourth might be a pain AND Choke might be a long drive to get rained out or to spend a day dodging Lake Lice .

If you've never fished Boerne you're in for a pleasant surprise (if the phish are in the "Mood", of course.) It's a little jewel and NO Lake Lice permitted!

You aren't permitted to use the gassie 'cept in direst emergency, so trailering can be a pain (someone's gonna get wet!) and your TM batts need to be topped off, but the average fish is generally better than you find at Canyon or Medina and the place is pretty, especially up-creek. Lots of weedbeds, no 'gators, and the early or cloudy day topwater bite can be good.

I'm a non-boater, but will be delighted to "guide" you so you can get an overview of Boerne.

PM me if you'd like to get together for chat, lunch, or a little bassin'.  Rebbasser can tell you what sort of partner I am, and that I'm pretty danged good at greasing the boat onto the trailer on the first try. Of course, at Boerne, we are allowed "mulligans", especially in a crosswind,  ;D.

Have some safe and super fishing at Choke!

F.Rod

i've had the pleasure of fishing with drums and flippin4it and look forward to many more trips.  they both are great fisherman and i've learened a few new things from them.  they got me hooked on senkos, can you believe that?

i look forward to meeting even more fishing buddies from this board, the best place on the net.

thanks Glenn,

Alfred

I'm still searching for that perfect partner for me.  I do enjoy everyones thoughts and suggestions, but I have not met anyone from my immediate area yet.  I fish Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn.  Maybe if I keep looking that perfect guy will find me.  I'm starting to sound like a girl who got left at the alter or something.  If anyone is in my area and would like to get together for a trip sometime then let me know.