Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

Few words that couldnt be more true.

I was watching the Citgo Bassmaster Classic coverage on ESPN and saw Rick Clunn boat a 10 lb Bass. He was talking about when he was gonna retire. He said he would retire when he can catch a fish and keep his hand from doin "this"( held up his trembling hand). He then went on to say(not quoting exactly) Aint no drug in the world that can give you a high as the one you get when your fishing. Those are words to live by. When anyone else asks me why I love fishing so much,Ill tell em..."thats where I get my high"... So true!!!

Yep. Ain't nothing like setting the hook on a nice fish.

I agree--but--

I read an article where the guy said his trips were not about the body count--just the experience. I still get excited about bowing up on a nice one though. 8-)

Fishing is so much better than having psychoanalysis.

It is a great change of pace and so relaxing.

Of course, blood pressure readings do go up when you get a bite which is much better than working out at the gym.

And the scenery is always beautiful.

Those who do not go freshwater fishing have no idea of what they are missing and its fantastic overall rewards.

I didnt hear about that but hearing what he said gives me the chills, theres nothing than bass fishing, im prepared for the day i bring lil ones into this world and am thrilled that they"knock on wood" love bass fishing the way i do

if you got this months (June) Bassmaster take a look at the article that James Hall wrote on page 6.

the article is titled, Remembering Sinaloa.

its a good one,

Alfred

Fishing after a long day of work totally puts me in a diffrent place. I kinda reboot and  don't stress all the little things that really don't matter that have happened through out the day. Not to mention the things I have seen while bass fishing at 6 am, people can only hope to see on a nature show. Sometimes when I am out, fishing isn't even what I'm thinking about. I really just think about everything around me and how lucky I am to be able to be out there experiencing what everyone else is missing. Saterday I saw a big bird, maybe a crane, pluck a bass outta the water and swallow him whole, it was one of those moments when you stop and say, whoa. If I didn't have fishing god knows what I would do.

Right on, thatcher.

Over the July 4 holiday I went down to our little pond around 6:30 AM. We are "in the country" so to speak, but, about 10 mins away from downtown - just pretty rural but changing fast. Anyway, that morning it was so peaceful - there was hardly any sound from traffic and a light breeze blowing the mist off the pond. All you could hear were the birds and others creatures stirring in the woods. It was like I stepped into an entirely different world and was trespassing. As I fished the edge of the pond, trying not to disturb the peace and tranquility, four deer walked out in the field across from me. I thanked God, the creator of all this, for allowing me to take it all in - was better than any session with a therapist or mind-numbing chemical - the fact that I bagged a PB from the pond that morning was a huge plus too! But, it's times like that one that I enjoy almost as much as landing that big hawg - would not have experienced what I did that morning, and other times, if not for fishing.

Eddie

Yeah, fishing is definatley a getaway for me.  But more importantly, I has become what my 9 year old son and I do together.  In addition to us being father and son, this has made us best buddies.  He so looks forward to fishing with me.  We can fish from sunrise to 5:00 and he still doesn't want to come in even if he has had no bite.  We are building a tradition.  When he is 15 and has nothing in common with me, we can still fish together.

I took my 4 year old daughter fishing Saturday.  That was a huge deal to her too.  What a great sport this is.  Don't get me wrong...I love boating a bass as well as the next guy, but it is so much more fun to share that with my kids.

I thought that exact same thing the other day when I caught a seven lber. When that adrenaline starts flowing, it leaves you feeling pumped!  I caught a 40+ catfish yesterday and when I first picked him up I told my buddy that I thought it weighed 20 lbs. Once I calmed down that fish was heavy. It was the adrenaline that picked up the fish. If that makes any sense.

Any time you catch a big fish, you are left with a feeling that no drug can give you; because this feeling is real!

I love the first casts of the day.  On the lake before sun-up with a slight mist.  Something gets me pumped about that first cast or two.

To me, it's not catching the fish, it's getting that bite.  There is something about that thump of a jig bite, the tick on a worm, the eruption on a topwater - the bite is what I love best.

Brad

I am in the Army. I have just a wee bit of stress... I wear 8 or more hats with this job because everyone but one full timer is deployed. I fish so I don't go insane. I am not sayiing I have more stress than anyone else... I am just saying I TOTALLY understand how going fishing is better then talking to a shrink. There are days where I am so ticked off I want to throttle someone and I just call home and tell the wife I am going fishing... she knows the deal so she never gives me a hard time about just calling and going fishing...

AL

Think Clunn might also be a member of the "wake and Bake" club ;D
LMAO 8-) You just might be right. Rick Clunn is so cool on some many fronts. Life is all about "feeling it" and there is no doubt that he is truly tuned in to the happenings around him. Clunn's the real deal and I'm proud to simply be one of his fans.