Sign in to follow this  
wheezo

Cloudy, foggy weather

Hello, Okay I live in SF. The weather around here is mostly cloudy and foggy. Occasionally sunny, but still pretty cool. What would you guys use for this lake (lake merced)? We usually fish the impoundment, it's a small part of the lake that is connected by some shallow water under a bridge to the main part of the lake. Basically what's in the impoundment stays there. This year was the first year I seen the water rise high enough to connect slightly to the other part of the lake. Well we've seen fishes jumping a lot in the impoundment. We've caught a few small bass (dinks is what you guys call it) and one good size bass (3-4lbs). We bank fish(I believe that means fishing from shore right?) This is the only spot that we have access too. I believe it's 2 ft visibility but I can never tell from shore, due to the glare from the sky. The size of the lake is maybe around the size of a football field?

I should also state that this lake has a pretty high level of nitrite.  A few years ago, the golf course nearby drained most of the water from the lake.  Water has been slowly rising back to its normal level.  So the fish in this lake isn't great for eating.  But we only catch & release bass... so that doesn't bother us.

Henry

With cool cloudy conditions, bass are normally more active, spinnerbait, topwater should be good, that's about all I could understand out of that post, that you wanted to know what to throw in overcast conditions. :-?

Well that all depends upon what time of year it is. If you could narrow down the question a bit, then you might get more useable replies to your inquiry. When visibility is low, I generally do best on dark colors. That's about all I can say without knowing more info.