Sign in to follow this  
bigfruits

weight of tru-tungsten tru-life 4" swim baits?

id like to purchase the waking/slow sink version. i cant find the weight anywhere. id like to know if can use it on my mbr844c. does anyone know how much they weigh? i realize it depends on the amount of tungsten balls you use.

http://www.***.com/descpageSWIMTRUTUNG-TTMISS.html#

thanks

-z

I'll weigh mine later and get back to ya. I am going fishing now :)

One thing I can say though is that I am very dissapointed in the size of this thing. I was really thinking that it was the same size as a spro or a SK king shad. It is not. It is very very tiny and I havent hardly even tried mine yet. I shoulda spent the extra and got the full size version. I am a noob to swimbaits and was just looking for something that will catch fish not bait ::)

I have the Fast Sink version. With both balls in it, it weighs 1/2 oz.

Hope this helps.

Falcon

Someone will need to weigh the baits.  I've asked three Tru-Tungsten sales reps what the weight and fall rate of these baits is and I got three different answers.

My guess as well as a couple of the reps is that the wake version is around 1/4 oz. and with balls added to make it a slow sink is about 3/8 oz.

With the balls added to the make the sinking version the fast sink,  I would say 1/2 oz.

For the fall rate, the fast sink is close to a foot per second in my experiences and the slow fall is about 2' - 3' per second.  The wake just floats.

I would think that the MBR844C you have is way to strong of a rod for these baits.  I normally throw mine on my heavy power crankbait rod as these baits are not much different in size/weight compared to a normal crankbait.

Brad

I'm not sure of the weight of it but when I first bought it I was throwing it on a 7' MH 1/4-1oz rod and it was too much rod for that little bait.  I'm using a 7' M 1/4-5/8 now and it is ten times easier to cast.

Everybody seems to think you need a swimbait rod to throw these little things.  Just think of it as Jointed Lipless Crankbait.  That's all it is.  Just because it's called a Tru-Life "Swimbait" doesn't mean you need swimbait gear.  I've got plastic worms that weigh more than it!!!!

thanks everyone.

let me ask one more thing, whats the difference between the two models? isnt the fast sink the same as the wake/slow with more weight added or is the empty bait heavier overall than the empty wake/slow?

cheers

-z

From what I have seen when I used them the empty fast runs the same as the slow with two nuts in it.

Wake/Slow with no balls - Floats

Wake/Slow with one ball - Barely sinks below surface

Wake/Slow with two balls or Slow/Fast with no balls - Slowly sinks

Slow/Fast with one ball - Faster fall

Slow/Fast with two balls - Fast fall, like a normal lipless bait.