Sign in to follow this  
airborne_angler

Did I expect too much?

Got to the lake yesterday and in the parking lot was approached by a lady in her late 30's asking me if I had a spare fishing pole I could "rent" her. I didnt see dollar signs as some would have. I thought a minute and then quoted her

$10 for as long as she needed it. I figure it was fair. If she decided to make off with the pole or dropped it in the lake then I would be out an $18 Zebco 33 spincasting combo. She was willing to pay but didnt have enough. Was I too harsh in what I asked?

Later that day had the same lady in a boat come rowing to the spot I was fishing. She had her 13 yr old son in the boat and he asked if he could "buy" a hook off of me. I was just gonna give him some, but then they offered me some cold bottled water. So I told the kid and his mom "Tell you what,Ill trade you 10 hooks for a bottle of water." Worked out well. I got a nice refreshing bottle of water and he got the hooks he needed to continue fishing.  :)

That was mighty nice of you, I personaly would have done the same. After the second time though, I would most likely have been somewhat angry seeing as how they are going fishing but arent prepared. I dont see how someone could just grab their tackle box and walk out the door to the fishin hole. I personlay clean and organize my box, re tie all my poles, and make sure everything is ready before I go. Good job though, you show the rest of the world why fisherman are to be respected.

Guest bigtex

Shimano-king

After the second time though, I would most likely have been somewhat angry seeing as how they are going fishing but arent prepared.

As much as I hate to admit this, I myself have done this and it isn't that hard to do. Its not hard to get caught up in knowing that you are going fishing especially when it is a spur of the moment thing.

fishinaz

Was I too harsh in what I asked?

No, I don't think you were to harsh. You made a deal that yall both could live with and agree upon.

"As much as I hate to admit this, I myself have done this and it isn't that hard to do.  Its not hard to get caught up in knowing that you are going fishing especially when it is a spur of the moment thing."

Yeah, I can see where your coming from.  It really depends on the situation though, If it werent for them asking twice it would have been no problem, but because of my short temper I would have felt annoyed but supressed it....lol.

Hmmm.. that was almost a good story till you brought the 13 year old kid into it ... if ya know what I mean.   ;)

Hmmm.. that was almost a good story till you brought the 13 year old kid into it ... if ya know what I mean. ;)

Yeah well This lady was wearing a bikini top when she approached me the first time and well the top was very revealing. I was tempted to ask her to sho...err,cough cough.... Well nevermind,that would have been wrong. Sorry if I was wrong just then and if mods think im being distasteful well then please act accordingly .