Sign in to follow this  
Hooked On Bass Fishing

Senko Help

I have been using  a senko in a pond i plan to fish tonight. I have been sucessfull catching fish on it almost every time...but every bite i have had is on the cast. So my question is How do you fish a Senko after the cast??? DO you simply just catch fishi on the cast or is there more to it. If you can help please reply. Thanks to all

80-90% of hits will come on the fall.  I personally work the odds.  Let it hit bottom.  Dead stick it for a bit and give it a lift.  If no hit, reel it in and throw again.  The slowest form of "speed fishing" there is,lol.

The slowest form of "speed fishing" there is,lol.

LOL, never really thought of it that way before... maybe that's why it catches so many fish.  Love2Fish4Panfish most of the hits do come on the first fall after the cast.

When I dont' get bit on the fall, I fish it like a fluke.  Seems like the right thing to do and I've gotten some good action on them like that anyway.

Cast  and let it sink .Then  raise the rod tip slowly and let it fall again.

U can aslo work it like Aint Texan said.

Colors have been discussed to death, but for me two colors work really well.  Watermelon w/black&red flake and black w/blue flake.  I can't catch anything on lighter colors like the pumpkinseed or bright colors like reds and purples.  

I think one can safely say that the perceived color of the water where they fish is generally dark. Hence, dark water, dark baits.

As for working the Senko: it can be worked very successfully in any manner that you would fish another bait. However, the most common method is weightless, Texas rigged. Cast it out as you would and work it slowly back to the boat.

One of the most common errors I observe on the lake is "water wasting". When you pick an area to fish be systematic in your approach and work the entire area. Bass as a rule are not bait chasers, but rather "opportunity knocked, bait waiters". If you don't get in their face you aren't going to catch them. Slow down, cover the water completely, and watch your catch ration increase.

I have been using a senko in a pond i plan to fish tonight. I have been sucessfull catching fish on it almost every time...but every bite i have had is on the cast. So my question is How do you fish a Senko after the cast??? DO you simply just catch fishi on the cast or is there more to it. If you can help please reply. Thanks to all

If you have been sucessfull almost everytime why change your pesentation.  It sounds to me you have found the best way to fish a Senko in your pond.