Sign in to follow this  
bipr8

Fishing Close

Last week there was a local T at a 150 acre lake.  Over 100 fish were caught and released at the ramp.  I am fishing this same lake (with little knowledge of the water and basically going in blind) tomorrow.  Where do you think those 100 fish are?  Think a chunk of them stayed near the ramp?  Think most of them made it back to their "home area" already?  Should I fish close?

I think several years ago there was a study with tagged bass and they found that the bass returned to their regular water.

Not knowing anything about that small lake,   could be anywhere.     Knowing that certain lakes in my area have hundreds of tourney coming out of a certain marina, I'll place brush out deep in legal waters to hold fish from other tourneys, and most often always pick up fish off them.    Most do have hook marks that look fresh.

Just remember, some tourney rules will have rule in place thats says "no fishing" within 50 yards of host marina.

Sometimes it pays to fish structure nearby in an area where fish are always released.

Hookem

Matt

150 acres is a realitively small lake so most probadly made it back home. But if you can fish around the boat ramp it's never a bad idea.

Most lakes will have few boat ramp that tournies go out of so if you can't fish the one your launching from fish the others if theres any.

Best advice thou, just go fishing. Do what you do best. If your a flipper then find you some flippin water or if you like docks find some docks to fish. Whatever your "style" of fishing is find some water that will allow you to be at your best.

Until your fimiliar with how the lake fishes I wouldn't waste alot of time doing things you aren't real comfortable doing.

Also try to avoid the dock talk. I'll only make you second guess yourself and have you fishing out of your element.