Sign in to follow this  
Bream Master

I have seen 7 bass around my fiances dock, does...

Does that mean that they have made a home there?  I spotted them one morning and have come out to check the spot the following days and now weeks.  I can't find them anymore but was just wondering if they were just out feeding or something.

I do see baby bass, about the size of bass minows and I caught one 1 lb. last sunday.  All the big ones have now disappeared but maybe I'm just not out at the right time.

Anyone who knows a little about bass habitat want to comment?

well, in short, they don't "live" in one place.  They will frequent certain areas at certain times for certain reasons and the appropriately located dock can certainly be one of them.

There are a few reasons why a bass uses a dock but the main one would be for shade/cover.  

Does that mean that they have made a home there? I spotted them one morning and have come out to check the spot the following days and now weeks. I can't find them anymore but was just wondering if they were just out feeding or something.

I do see baby bass, about the size of bass minows and I caught one 1 lb. last sunday. All the big ones have now disappeared but maybe I'm just not out at the right time.

Anyone who knows a little about bass habitat want to comment?

You caught it on Sunday.......

It was at church  >:(

;D

Bass will always compete for space around docks in the summertime.  Sometimes half a dozen will stay down there, sometimes a 10lber will run them all off.  Just depends I guess.