Sign in to follow this  
Bream Master

advice on a good wader

I'm going trout fishing for the first time next weekend!  Excited as hell guys.  But, I can't find anyone to sell me a good used wader.  What are some of your suggestions for waders?  What makes one good/bad? What price range? I don't want to spend 100 unless I absolutly have to.

Thanks.

when you say wader, do you mean belly boat?  or like a pair of neoprene waders that allow you to walk out into the water a ways?

Jason

Guest avid

Neoprene gives the most comfortable fit and flexibility.

If you were going more often I would urge you to get a "stocking foot" wader with wading boots.  But for an occasional trip regular neoprenes should be fine.

Stream fishing for trout with a flyrod is great way to spend the day. Enjoy.

Oh boy! one up my alley! First 100.00 for a pair of waders is cheap,my simms waist highs were

350.00! :o One thing to remember neoprenes are basically a thing of the past unless you are fishing

very cold waters in winter time conditions.Most people now use breathable waders.Some made by

cabelas or hodgeman in the 100.00 range can be found,boot foot or stocking foot ,the later being more expensive.I personally like waist highs,the waters i'm in flyfishing i seldom will come to (can i say this)

crotch height!

One more thing if you are not flyfishing you better check the regs in the stream you are fishing

and make sure you are within the law,it could be catch release,flyfish only,delayed harvest

etc.

Thank god for game wardens!

I'm looking for the whole body suit, armor kind of deal.  Not just the ones that come up to the hip area.  I will be getting into a small stream which may be at chess level at certain areas.