Sign in to follow this  
lovecranking

underwater cameras

I purchased a Aqua-Vu 360 in July. I like the 360 because it has 4 lenses and you can see what's going on in all 4 directions at once. I've had it out a bunch of times and it's kinda neat. I've taken it to the spots on my lake that I've been fishing the past 10 yrs or so and seen what is actually down there. I'd like to find out from others if they've had much luck trying to locate fish other than what's on the bottom. The lake I fish in is so clear, you can see 20-25 ft. down. I watch the sonar and see suspended fish but cannot locate them with the camera. Any ideas that have worked?

Many graphs mark fish where there aren't any.  Perhaps a new graph with higher power.

On the salt boat i just sold, I had a 5000watt finder. (Furuno)  This thing was so powerful, you could drop a few small pieces of herring over the side and watch them fall to 300 ft.  This marked everything you could imagine including thermoclines.  It also could identify species by density.  Pilot whales and giant bluefin are very close in size but bluefin show up green and pilots show up yellow. ;)  HUGE HELP!!

The downside is that it cost me almost 6k.

It's not a graph, it's a camera system with 4 lenses for watching fish underwater. I would just like to hear from others who have used similar equipment and find out how they see fish that are not on the bottom. I have no problem dropping the lense to the bottom to see what fish are down there.

I'm familiar w/ the aqua-vu, a "graph" is another word for "fish finder".  Maybe you need a stronger one, many of the lower power ones mark everything as a fish.

Russ don't bs him. Lovecranking he use to make but by dive gear on and would strap me to the bottom of his boat, one tap for perch two for bass  lol

Nathan,

Now that's funny! ;D

So, what are your rates and do you require dry towels, room and board for your services? ;D

Sorry for the hi-jack Lovecranking. I couldn't help myself. ;)