Sign in to follow this  
KS_Bassin

Need Some Quick Ideas

Kansas has been in the 60's for the past few days which is rare for this time of year. I got spring fever already and planning on heading out after lunch here in a few hours to try an catch a bass or two. There's two places i'm goin to try one is rocky not much cover thinking bout maybe a crankbait there, and the other has some big laydowns thinking a jig-n-pig, or a soft plastic texas rigged both fished S-L-O-W. Anyone else have any ideas that i could try. Will post results later! Matt  :)

Try the jig in the rocks also and the crankbait in the tree.

I'm curious how it went KS_Bassin.  Water temps at Smithville Lake, north of K.C., are hovering between 38 and 39 degrees so I'm about ready for spoons and slow, slow jigging.  I'm having a bent prop shaft repaired so I'm unable to get out in my boat right now.  

Well i had a good time fishing  ;D i ended up catching some crappie and a bass bout 14" off a crawdad colored crainkbait in the rocks . As far as the laydowns i tried a texas rig, a jig, a crankbait, and ended up with a fairly nice cat i'm guessing he was trrying so soak up some sun the log might absorb? or that was his home? Anyhow i  had a great time even though i didn't catch much seen plenty of ducks and geese so next weekend i might take out the shotgun !!  ;D