Sign in to follow this  
ring fry

Lowrance--hot spots chip

I've posted this on another forum with no luck :(, so maybe you all can help. I 'heard' a few weeks ago that an updated hot spots chip would be available around the 18th of December. Does any one have any information on this? Thanks in advance.

I haven't heard anything about the Lowrance Hot Spots chip, but Navionics does have a $50 rebate offer on their Hot Maps Premium chip.  With the rebate, it puts the Navionics in the same price range as most others... $99.00  But, the rebate offer ends 12/31/06.  I'm going to be buying the Navionics chip before the rebate expires.

Just found out that the new chip shipment has again been delayed till December 28th. >:(

Just found out that the new chip shipment has again been delayed till December 28th. >:(

Wouldn't you think this would be a better release date?  For the simple fact that you wouldn't think a release date before xmas would be wise, because that is when your girlfriends, wives and friends are buying you, the fisherman, things.  Instead of purchasing that chip for you, they will get you a gift card to your favorite outdoorsman store.  Thus making these chips available for all the fisherman to come in and purchase the chip with those gift cards.  Seems like a great idea by Lowrance.

just my 2 cents but i have fishing hot spots an navonics and i threw my hot spots card in the desk  :P zimmy

zimmy, could you elaborate?  I would like to know, as I haven't purchased one yet.  I borrowed the old hot spots from a friend, used it on Fork and really liked it.

The two main reasons that i found is the navonics is a lot more detailed as far as structures in the water and lake map details . if you do a lot of fishing on different lakes the navonics chip has more lakes on it . hot spots has only the bigger lakes on it. zimmy

I have the Navionics Premium for north and south --WOW what a great piece of equipment. I would give it an 11 (out of 10). It is a must have on my boat!!!

Ya'all are making it tough on me to make a decision.  Are there any navionics dealers in the Joplin, Mo. or K.C. area?

ring fry,

You can go to the Navionics website to find a local dealer: www.navionics.com

Also, if you have a Bass Pro Shops nearby, you should be able to pick one up there.

Hope that helps,

Hillbilly