Sign in to follow this  
llPa1nll

Getting ready for the Ice Breakers...

Yea its me again. I broke up the Ice at the launch this morning in an effort to help ease the Ice breaking chore, that will sure to be going on tomorrow morning. I bought a new license and I am ready to fish! I just have one problem with the weather so warm and the lake not totally frozen yet. Am I getting out to go fishing in NH really late in the season, or really early???

post-4948-130163005868_thumb.jpg

You're nutty!! :D

Keep breakin' that ice and keep your vest on when you go out.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you animal! what are us aspiring figure skaters to do when you keep breaking up our practice areas?!  :'(

Really, though, like Speedbead said, have ATLEAST one vest on cuz that @#$% looks cold!

Hehehe, I tell my Fishing partner when we are out that once the water temperature goes below 50°F we are wearing our life jackets until we get off the boat. I do believe that this will be my last venture out for the 2006 season. I still cant believe that we are able to get out on the water in NH in January, what a trip...

I have broken ice at the ramp and broke of tail lights putting in over the years but, when it looks as iced up as that picture you displayed it does not look too safe. Is there any open water nearby? Are you using a gas motor? Remember your water intake. That is why when there is a lot of ice on the rivers here I stay away. We had the ice clog up the intake on my friends 200 Merc and it overheated. Also, I sucked up a bunch of frozen slush in my Jet Drive one winter and was at the mercy of the fast river without any power for awhile. I felt awfully stupid that day and felt blessed that I was not injured. I love to fish too and will fish in some pretty crappy situations but, there is a time to use your common sense. If you do decide to go out in that stuff,if you make that decision, make sure you give someone on land a time you are leaving and when you will return. Take along some extra float cushions with 25' of rope attached and a push pole. Also, some dry cloths and a cell phone in a waterproof holder that floats. Use your head. A bass isn't worth dying over. Keep your life jacket on all the time. Good luck. I hope you change your mind.