Sign in to follow this  
ILFishing

laydowns

there is this lake behind my house and from this storm a while back alot of trees fell in the water in the water near the side called laydowns ...what do you think the best lure for this would be ?

Texas Rig, Jig-N-Craw, or Senko  ;)

Guest ncbass24

Try running a crankbait through that nasty stuff. Guide the bait around potential snags with your rod.  ;D

A spinnerbait is a very good lure for laydowns and can actually be very snagless, they can also make bass go crazy when you bump it into the limbs and the blades flutter for a second!! All other techniques listed here work great as well.

I was watching a Bass Pro episode the other week and KVD was fishing his spinner bait thru laydowns.  He mentioned that when the bait hits the wood to give it a fast crank or two.  He says that can assist in trigger a reaction strike.

You could also try a buzz-bait as well if the lay down is submerged enough.  I've seen SPEEDBEAD catch many a fish that way.  Just make sure your drag is set correctly   :P

Man, do I *** you.  I would love to have something like that happen to the local pond around where I live.

Remember to throw your baits may times and from different angles.  

From all angles. From every angle you can.

All of the above baits will work.  Dont' forget your Chatterbait.  Don't forget to pitch and flip into the structure with a Texas rigged plastic worm and a sinker just heavy enough to obtain a good fall or a Senko rigged Texas style or weedless wacky.

Start with a buzzbait in the early AM or late evening parallel to the trees.

Then throw your crankbaits and spinnerbaits and follow up with a weedless wacky Senko or a T-Rigged Zoom finesse worm of your choice.

Don't forget your Scum Frogs or other frogs, too, being pulled around the trees.

Watch for the bass hitting the baitfish in and around the trees and throw a topwater like a Pop-R or a Spook to the outside of the structure.

Throw everything you have but rotate it as the bass will be accomstomed to your baits and avoid them if you throw only one or two presentations.

And be ready to lose some baits.  Thats structure fishing.

Have fun and be sure to let us know how you do.

Personaly I love fishing a TX rigged, weightless, worm or lizard.  I like to let it fall between the branches and then pull it back up.

Take your time and you will catch some nice bass.

Hope this helps,

Alfred

sorry for not reaplying soner ive been soo bizzy lattly thanks for all the tips guys they helped alot i went fish in that lake like 3 days ago  i was throwen a 10' wieght less power worm ...texas rig... i put some megga strike on it for some ex. taste after abote 3 cast it seemed like the bass were goin crazy i chought 4 nice bass ...they had to be all over 2 pounds

thanks again for all the tips ;D