Sign in to follow this  
Gone_Phishin

Plano Flipsider 3714

I was wondering how well this box accommodates 1/2oz and larger spinnerbaits?  How about larger jigs?  Any other comments?  Thanks.

All I know is *** claimed the flip sider 3614 could hold spinnerbaits so I bought it and it can't even fit my 1/4oz spinnerbait i have in it. The one your talking about might be better for them since its bigger, but if I were you I'd go with something more like this...

http://www.***.com/descpage-FTO401.html

or this

http://www.***.com/descpage-P3704.html

or even this one

http://www.***.com/descpage-FTO701.html

The only spinnerbait I've had trouble getting into a 3714 is a Stan Sloan aggravator.  

Other than that, it's a perfect spinnerbait box.  Capacity blows the Falcons out of the water.

I bought the 3614 box for spinnerbaits and if you put in the skirt and the blades first I was able to get even a 1 oz Strike King bottom dweller in the compartment.  When you do this about 1/2 of the wire is still out the top of the compartment and the lid hits it (bends it a touch) when the box is closed.

I am not satisfied with the system and am looking for a nice binder instead.  I will retire the 3614 to Jigs - which it will be great for keeping them all separated and such but not very space efficient.  A standard 3600 box will hold alot more jigs.

That's my experience.

Bob K

plano3714.jpg

All the baits on the far right three rows are 1/2 and 3/4 oz.

Yeah the bigger size flipsider probably does hold spinners but even so look at how they are in that thing. Much better options out there instead of cramming them into one like that. Burley is that not bending the wire? And how can you stand for the skirt to go in like that first it gets all mangled and stuff. I don't know maybe it's a preference thing but I hate how spinners fit into that thing.

Go with the 3704.

Flipsider does cramp wire and skirts. I was going to buy one until I took a bait off the rack at Dick's and tried to force it in. I do think they make a 3" deep version that would be better.

Just my humble opinion.

Go with the 3704.

Flipsider does cramp wire and skirts. I was going to buy one until I took a bait off the rack at Dick's and tried to force it in. I do think they make a 3" deep version that would be better.

Just my humble opinion.

Does this box have the same set-up as the Falcon, the only diference being the Falcon holds the baits standing up, where the 3704 holds the baits on their side?

Ron's right. Unless you keep the 3704 flat or cut the notches deeper with an Xacto knife, you could get a mess.  If you keep it flat or so the baits hang into the slots you will be better off. Don't like the Falcon either. Odd size.