Sign in to follow this  
Marc David

Lucky Craft Flat CB

I was given this bait by a friend, but without the box. Neither of us can figure out the diving depth. The length of the bill is a little over an inch. Does anyone know how far it dives? Thanks for any help.

You can google it and see what the dive depth is.I might be the floater version.

Longshot question but can you not use a fishfinder ? I wouldnt know as i just bought a fishfinder but heard you can watch your lure on them - Just thought this might give you the depth.

Longshot question but can you not use a fishfinder ? I wouldnt know as i just bought a fishfinder but heard you can watch your lure on them - Just thought this might give you the depth.

Nope.  Most units project a 60° cone or high detail 20° cone, or a combination.  it really only works using the narrow beam, with vertical presentations.  A crank bait is cast out and retrieved, and the only time its under the boat will be when its on its way up.

At any rate, you are probably only going to figure it out if you can compare the bait to new ones in the package, or showing it to someone that knows the baits.

They should be labeled SSR, SR, MR and DR. Super Shallow, Shallow, Middle and Deep. This shold help you figure it out. I would guess that the lip size and angle is different on each model The more vertical the lip the shallower it will run. The longer the bill the deeper it will run for example.

Take a pic and put it on here. We can tell you then. Put something like a penny beside it.