Sign in to follow this  
Bob Kavanaugh

Lifetime License

Who here has a lifetime license(s)? I was going to get one for Alabama, since I think it's good even if you eventually move out of state. Since I'm a Georgia boy at heart, I may end up moving back one day, and the lifetime would have paid for itself in short order. That all went in the crapper when they just raised the price from $150 to $250 last month. Got me thinking about how many guys out there have the lifetime. I only know one guy who has one.

On the other side of the coin, do you guys know of anyone who blatantly refuses to carry a license at all? I know a guy who does not carry one, and considers himself an avid fisherman. I should whop him in the back of the head one good time...

I wish i have the lifetime license.Don't know if they offer it here...never checked yet.

As for the guy without one by you.Report him...let him know somebody's watching his arse.

2 weeks ago a group of guys and kids were fishing,i asked how they felt about the license raise(my way of starting a convo and see if they are fishing legally) and they answered "don't have one,don't need one and nobody can tell me i gotta have one".As i was leaving, I see the game warden over at a gas stationed stopped by and gave him the location and detail.I hope he got them.

It's up to us to protect our wildlife as well,game wardens can't see everything.

Got mine.  Fishing, trout, and hunting.  When mine were purchased it was $300 for the fishing and hunting, $100 for the trout.  Now I think the same package is around $750.  Glad I got them ten years ago.

We don't have lifetime licenses here in Michigan. I would have gotten one a long time ago if they did.

Falcon

Do you know how much they went up for year to year in Alabama?

I think they're $12 now.

As far as the guy I know without one, he's been caught and ticketed before. I don't know what his problem is. It's just an attitude some people have like grimlin mentioned.

Have had one for 4 years now (fishing only). In Texas, its $600 for fishing and $1200 for the fishing/hunting combo. At the rates when I bought it, it would pay for itself in 13 years. Now because of rate increases, it will pay for itself in less than 10 years!

One advantage I've found is that when checked by the GW, they usually will stop the boat inspection after I show them the lifetime. Figures that anyone who obtains a lifetime is a true sportsman and obeys the law. Just personal experience, mind you.

Lifetimes here in KS are like $460. The only reason I'm tempted to get one is in case I move out of state and wish to come back, it would suck to pay NR rates.