Sign in to follow this  
mtnpainter

what is going on here in georgia

ok.  4th day of 6 hour fishing in a 50 acre lake.  no bites, nibbles, NOTHING!!!!!!!!!  What in the world are we doing wrong.  Whatever we were doing in the summer and just last weekend is now not working at all.  fish finder shows fish everywhere, but nothing is biting.  we thought that the fall was a feeding frenzy for the largemouth bass.  we have used everything and hit every location and still coming up with nothing. we went out at 1:30 again today and stayed until 7:30.  like i previously said we just started fishing this summer.  HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP  PLEASE WE ARE STARTING TO GET DISGUSTED.  IT IS OK TO CATCH MAYBE ONE EVERY COUPLE HOURS, BUT 4 DAYS 6 HOURS EACH AND NOTHING. EWWWWEEEEEEE

Welcome to the forums. No way to really tell a person what they are doing wrong without knowing a lot more info. You may not even be doing anything wrong. Each lake is different and each day is different so all I can really say is to hang in there and try to learn all you can here. Lots of good info here and lots of good fishermen and people. Many of us are from GA as well.

welcome mtnpainter, a Georgia boy here also I havent had great bites last few times ive been out. Fall has had a late start for us but this weekend is going to cool off some and I can promise you ill be on the lake looking for them. What part of Georgia are you from? what lakes are near you? Maybe try a buzz bait in the morning

Or a shad-rap in alittle deaper water in the afternoon jus keep looking for em and youll start catching them good luck!!

My guess is the fish have been listening to the news and are busy booking flights north or west to somewhere, anywhere that will have water in the next 3 months.   ;)

My guess is the fish have been listening to the news and are busy booking flights north or west to somewhere, anywhere that will have water in the next 3 months. ;)

Now thats jus funny there!!

Guest avid

Welcome to the forums.

Why not hire a guide for a day and ask him to show you some of the most effective techniques for the different seasons.

There is this Georgia boy named Randall.  He posts some bone fide hogs that he pulls from Lake Varner and other Ga. lakes all four seasons of the year.

Welcome aboard.

You will learn so much that by this time next year you will be killing 'em, no matter the time of day or the weather.

Avid's suggestion is excellent.  Hire a guide so he can show you the lake.

Just go with him, keep your mouth shut, and listen, listen, listen and listen some more.

Ask about each time of the year as to which baits work best, too.

You have to give us more information such as your rigs, baits, tackle and techniques; water clarity, depth and temperature; windy, raining, sunny, cloudy; structure and cover; and any other details you think will give us guidance in thinking over your situation.

This time of the year crankbaits work very well; so do spinnerbaits; the good ole Senko rigged wacky is usually a winner; and don't forget your finesse worms and Fat Ikas.

Then go back and slaughter them! :D

It happens to all(well, maybe not Randall! ;)) of us.  I fished in the Ocmulgee PFA yesterday and did not get one bite....nothing. :-[  Went to private ponds today and managed to catch two, 2+ lb Bass on a weightless Swimming Senko in the first pond but the second pond again, no bites....

Don't give up.  If it was easy....... :)

Dan