Sign in to follow this  
Shane J

suggestions on my arsenal

Okay, so I have 5 rods/reels, each of which is rigged differently to cover different situations. What I was thinking, is to list them below, and get some input/thoughts, whatever, on any changes that should be made, or anything to be switched around or stuff like that. All of the line on each of them is new this winter. Here is what I have:

1) 7' medium rod w/ spinning reel -40lb braid

2) 6.5' med heavy rod w/ my new(and only) baitcast reel (Pfleuger  Trion)  12lb mono

3) 6.5' medium rod w/ spinning reel -35lb braid

4) 6.5' med. rod, spinning reel w/ 12 flourocarbon

5) 6' med. rod, spinning reel w/ 12lb flourocarbon (set up as my carolina rig setup)

How would you change any of these to improve the lineup? As far as line goes, I have pretty much everything, including more mono in 10lb and 12lb, flouro I have 12lb and 14lb, and braid I have 35lb and 50lb. Any suggestions out there?

Thanks, Everybody!

would put the braid on the baitcaster and use it for frog fishing ,and around lilypads and such

also on one of the spinning reels i would put 6# fluoro for finnesse fishing like shakey heads or dropshotting even trigged lite plastics jmo

I actually do like the idea of having some lighter floro, so I think I will do that. As far as the braid on the baitcaster, last year was the first time I ever used one, and I did initially spool it with braid, problem for me was the backlashes, murdered my time on the water dealing with them. That being said, my Pfleuger is a much better reel than the Quantum was, and possibly wouldn't have as much trouble, but I'm gonna try the mono for now on that one, and use the 7 footer for frogs and stuff in the salad. Thanks for the input.