Sign in to follow this  
U.W BronzeBack Hunter

How to fish weightless plastics?

I'm very unfamiliar with fishing weightless plastics.

Last year, i tried to fish a weightless senko:  i threw it near a dock, waited for it to sink about 4 feet, twitched it up to about a foot, let it sink another 4 feet, repeat.  I got bored with it so quick, i switched back to my crankin rod.

Am i doing it right?  If so, how can you guys stand fishing weightless plastics?  It's worse than fall jig fishing!  (maybe i'm just not patient enough  ;D )

[movedhere] General Bass Fishing Forum [move by] five.bass.limit.

The key is to line watch if your waiting to feel the bite you maybe missing alot of fish.

Well, if you only tried 1 dock and got too bored to continue, ... ?

I love fishing a weightless senco on docks. You will wear them out, particularly in the spring. I stick to relativly shallow docks on sunny days. You realy don't need to wait that long to get bit or get the bait to the bottom. Most of the time I don't do much of the "pickit up and let sink again" thing. If I have some reason to be extra thourough, like a miss, then maybe I would. Most of the time though, I am running the pattern and covering multiple docks. Fish all parts of the dock untill you can eliminate fishing unneccesary parts. It should work to shoot the dock a few times and go to the next, if the bite is on. When the bite is on, you realy should get bit right away. Strike detection is a whole other topic. There is a little bit of "feel the force Luke" in it and alot of line watching. You should never feel anything, because the bait should be falling on totaly slack line. I watch the coils of line laying on the water, closest to the bait. If I see nothing in a 5/1000 count, I put a little tension on the bait to check for movement.

If you stick to this pattern on a sunny spring day, with relatively clear water, you should have a breakthrough.

[movedhere] General Bass Fishing Forum [move by] Glenn.