Sign in to follow this  
clipper

My Dad taught me to fish

MyDadBass1.jpg

Charles Lee - December 25, 1913 to March 26, 1976

My Dad started me fishing when I was young. I was going out with him on the St. Johns River in Florida before I started school. We also fished Lakes Seminole and Lanier together in later years. I will never forget the doubles on schooling bass in the St. Johns or the 8 lb lunker I caught under a hyacinth bank near a bridge. There is no greater thrill than seeing your hyacinth bulb cork disappear under a hyacinth bank and then having to wait until the fish stopped to set the hook.

I didn't realize it at the time, but in addition to teaching me to fish, he was also imprinting his values on me. We would talk about things as we fished and most of the time those things were about being honest, trustworthy and frugal. I have tried to do the same for my son. Happy Birthday Dad.

Father's know best clipper, what I would give to see mine again just to say thanks and I love you. Then again they probably watch us everyday. ;)

To bad we dont see how great are parent's are till it is to late. I still can not watch the moive field of dream's with out wanting to cry. To all are parent's that taught us so much. THANK YOU

It was my Grandmother who taught me how to fish, off the bridge next to my grandparents house on Cypress Creek in Ft.Lauderdale Florida 8-). Her gift has been a love and passion for fishing  for 45 years now and stronger than ever. Thanks Grandma ;D.     Happy fishing.

~B.A.S.S.~N.A.F.C.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~A.M.A.~

David, That's my favorite picture of your dad. Thank you for sharing and thanks for raising a daughter who could put up with me fishing all the time.  :)

sucks to say but my dad was a dead beat and didnt teach me nothing.. barely know him. but what i DID LEARN by that is how not to be like him and that has made me the man and GREAT father i am for my kids. i have a 1yr old son and 4yr old daughter and she LOVES to fish.. so i put all my wisdom on her well we are fishing. great pic and rip to all who lost there parents.

Thats a Great picture Clipper!

I know how you feel, This a Pic of me and my Mentor and life scholar in 94" , Little did we know we only had 5 yrs left of fishing together. I believe Fishing makes good men( and Grandma's), But I believe Good Men find fishing First.( Fathers like SS).

post-7861-130163011131_thumb.jpg

my dad taught me how to fish when i was about 3 or 4, but i really didn't get involved in fishing like i am now till about April of this year. And ever since then, my dad and I have tried to go fishing every weekend. I've learned a lot from him and from the stories he tells me from when he was my age. A fathers wisdom will stay with you forever, along with the memories you two have shared.