Sign in to follow this  
stratos268v

Bass Spawning in Brackish River Water

I'm starting to fish in brackish river waters and wanted to know if there are differences with Bass spawning in brackish water than spawning in fresh water?

I know a Bass is a Bass but the brackish water thing has me guessing. I need help...

NJD :-?

I don't think so, all I have are brackish rivers around here and they spawn at the same time of the year as the lakes. But it's a little tough to find where they are spawning because the tides affect them in the rivers. You have a better chance of finding them during the highest tide. Good Luck! ;)

Good deal.  I will keep your suggestions in mind.  My thing is that I thought the Bass would look for the freshest water within the brackish water to spawn.  I don't know.  Its getting that time in Florida and I want to get ready...

NJD :)

I fish brackish waters and second the comments about finding the freshest portion to fish.  In my waters, that means the backest of the backwaters.  

I may have some disagreement, but I think the bass spawn a wee bit earlier in the brackish creeks I fish than in the lakes I fish.  

x2 on them spawning in the freshest water. I guess that's why the majority of the spawning takes place further upstream in the rivers away from the mouth.