Sign in to follow this  
zaraspook_dylan2

snorkelling my lake

i've been trying to snorkel the lake that my cottage is on, but its just so d**n green and murky under the surface that i cant see anything. but the wierd thing is, when im out in my boat, i can see the bottom clearly at 10feet. any reason, will it clear up if i go out farther, because i get out 5 feet and just say whatever its to murky.

I also own a cottage in Ontario and frequently go snorkeling there, the visibility is only about 5-6ft but if you snorkel in shallow waters it works fine. I usually find a point i like to fish and snorkel on top of it. Whats cool is it seems the fish are intrigued by your snorkeling so they come to check it out and often you see some nice size fish and then later go back and catch them. Just last year I was snorkeling my favorite spot and two 8+ pound largemouth came swimming by, now I just gotta go catch them.    

I also own a cottage in Ontario and frequently go snorkeling there, the visibility is only about 5-6ft but if you snorkel in shallow waters it works fine. I usually find a point i like to fish and snorkel on top of it. Whats cool is it seems the fish are intrigued by your snorkeling so they come to check it out and often you see some nice size fish and then later go back and catch them. Just last year I was snorkeling my favorite spot and two 8+ pound largemouth came swimming by, now I just gotta go catch them.    

thanks! what lake are you on?

Big Gull lake/Claredon Lake. Bout an hour out of Kingston.

My cottage is on a crystal clear lake in northeastern Ill and I snorkel every chance I get. I even think I saw the Pequod casing me once with Ahab ready to throw a spear.

:D :D