Sign in to follow this  
dmac14

Lifetime license

Does anyone have a lifetime license for their state?

My parents bought me one a few years ago as a Birthday present and I am so glad they did. I guess I just have to live in NY for the rest of my life, but that wouldn't be so bad.

I would recommend anyone under 20 to ask their parents for one as a present of some sort, or if you are a parent you could invest. I recently heard rumors that NY is trying to go species specific for licenses, but with a lifetime license I would be all set.

Yes, salt and freshwater in Virginia.

Here in North Carolina the cheapest way to get one is by buying right when the person getting it is a baby (you just hope that person will like to fish the rest of their life).

I might have to ask for that, I would be great so you don't have to worry about getting your license renewed every year.

yea i got a lifetime hunting and fishing license for Georgia, good motivation to stay instate. there definitely good gift ideas for anyone whos young and intends to fish the rest of their life and not move out of state.

MN has a lifetime license that is good for your lifetime even if you move away which is really nice. I unfortunatly forgot to buy mine before I moved away from MN last fall. :(

I have lifetime sportsman, hunting and fishing of any kind. Like dock_master 3 said, it is best to buy them for a child when they are a baby, preferably under the age of 1. Before 1 years of age is the best price then they go up quite a bit between the ages of 1 and 12 and then even more than that after the age of 12. I'm going to buy my sons each one. It's great to have, I've had mine all my life but even if you get them later you get your money back.

I have mine for fishing and hunting.  I also have the lifetime trout license.