Sign in to follow this  
basspro48

Pappy's Baits

I just found out about Pappy's Baits on Friday while walking around at Bass-A-Rama in Virginia and man does this guy make some awesome looking jigs. They are all hand tied with Fox hair, deer hair, fine rubber, and flashabou. You can get them in any material and color combo you want too, I bought 2 tied with blue rubber, brown fox hair, and green flashabou and 2 tied with purple rubber, brown deer hair, olive fox hair, and green flashabou. Also he pours his own little chunk trailers that go perfectly with these little jigs. He is located in Walkersville, Maryland and his phone number is 301-898-3836. I'll try to post some pics of the jigs and trailers a little later.

Thanks man,

I am curious to see what those look like.

However I have made it my goal this season to not jig fish as much. I want to really become efficient at crankin for smallies. However it is going to be hard to not slow down and drag some tubes.

Alright, here's 2 of the jigs I bought.

Bass_tackle040.jpg?t=1170008895

They come with very sharp lightwire hooks and the top one has a glass rattle, and the best part is they're only $2!!!!!

as for weights they are offered in 1/8, 3/16, and 1/4oz.

Here are the trailers I bought. The left one is black/blue and the right one is watermelon/red flake, they are about 1 3/4" long.

Bass_tackle046.jpg?t=1170008922

And wvuanother site, look in the May 2005 issue of Bassmaster magazine for a really good article on cranking for smallmouth.

I hope so, they're pretty small so I assume they are more aimed towards smaller rivers. I plan on using them to tear up the smallies on the Rivanna this spring and summer 8-)