Sign in to follow this  
hawgchaser

Smallmouth Crankbaits...

I have caught 60 smallies in the last 3 days on a single watermelon Magnum Arkansas Warthawg. The fish are suspended in flooded treetops and this crankbait is the only thing I can catch them on. Usually, I throw tubes and jerkbaits but they won't touch those. Luckily, I found this pattern b/c they are hammering it and I am having a blast. Hopefully tomorrow will be no different. Still no Erie sized ones but i did catch my PB(probably) today of a roughly 3lbs. :)

So what other cranks do ya'll recommend? Size and color would be appreciated.

Here on St. Clair I have alot of success with size 7 Shad Raps, in silver/blue, shad, purpledecent, and I also have a special Hot Pink that works.

Rattlin Rapalas also work in silver/blue, and shad. The DT series also work in blue shad, and parrot.

Falcon

Thanks, I have  a lot of the DTs but not any shad raps. I only have 3 of these crankbaits left and they are no longer made. I hade four this weekend until my brother in law launched one 30 ft into a tree!!

Storm now makes the wiggle warts but they aren't as good.

lUCKYCRAFT CB in nishiki .. awsome plug for smallies , my opinion any crank with some color and tight wiggle is good for the BRONZE back fish .. 8-)

I have had good success with wiggle warts, shad raps, red eyed shad, and X-raps. like stated above anything with color and a nice wiggle should work. ;)