Sign in to follow this  
mackkie

Wacky rig...how big?

Hey guys,

Ive been fishing wacky rigged with some decent success as of late.  Ive just been using *** and senkos 5" baits.  Has anyone experimented with other (bigger) worms?

I have some big 9-10" worms (which i call snakes because they look so big to me!).  

Would these work using a wacky rig?  Would this help attract bigger fish, or is the presentation too big?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Ive been fishing wacky rigged with some decent success as of late. Ive just been using *** and senkos 5" baits. Has anyone experimented with other (bigger) worms?

I have some big 9-10" worms (which i call snakes because they look so big to me!).

Would these work using a wacky rig? Would this help attract bigger fish, or is the presentation too big?

Thanks!

Too big  :-? .........nope, I don 't think a 10 inch worm is too big, 5" on one side, 5" on the other side, if a bass strikes an 8 inch swimbait I don 't see how a 10 inch wacky rigged worm can be "too big". Of course you 'll never know if you don 't try, right ?

I've caught fish on a 10" trick worm rigged wacky style before. Descent fish too so no it's not too big.

[movedhere] General Bass Fishing Forum [move by] five.bass.limit.

Too big? No. When a bsss hits a plastic,especially a wacky,the entire bait folds up and gets vaccumed in.Take the worm and ball it up in your hand and it looks just like a 2-3 inch chunk of food.The bass see it the same way, as something that can easily be engulfed,crushed,and swallowed.

That said, it goes back to whatever they want on that day.Bigger profile,or smaller one.4 inch sticks catch plenty of big fish and 9-10 inch ones catch plenty of small fish too.Sometimes the fish view that "big bait" as a threat or an invader and will strike just to kill it.

Experimentation is the foundation of our sport.

I like 11 inch t-mac worms,6.5 inch kut tails,the new 10 inch kut tails are quite awesome wacky rigged as well,6 in senkos.

Dang, I didn't know they made 10 inch trick worms.

Gotta find some cash now...

Zoom doesn't, but I use the 11 in netbait worm and I think that handpouredworms.com had some nice looking 10 inchers

Zoom doesn't, but I use the 11 in netbait worm and I think that handpouredworms.com had some nice looking 10 inchers

Cool, I'm gonna hunt them down.  I did find that Zoom had a Magnum Trick Worm, but it is only an inch bigger, and a little thicker... Wish they would have used a different name...

Cool, I'm gonna hunt them down. I did find that Zoom had a Magnum Trick Worm, but it is only an inch bigger, and a little thicker... Wish they would have used a different name...

I am not very impressed with the mag trick worm.It lost a lot of its action.Just my opinion.I am more than sure it catches fish just fine.

Maybe someone else will chime in on who makes big trickworm style baits??? :-?

The longest ones I have is the Netbait Super T-Mac which is 9 inches in length.

Correction taken Wayne. I was somehow confusing that size with the 11 inch netbait ribbons I use. ::) They are 9".