Sign in to follow this  
BARON49_Northern NY

Zona fishing Smallmouths on the St. Lawrence River

Watched Zona doing a fishing show on the St. Lawrence River.  Not a bad show for a change and gives an idea of how many smallies we have.  They did not venture out on Lake Ontario for the really huge ones, but a decent show all the same.

There were definitely some familiar sights in that show...also I was out there not too long after the Stren last season and saw a Team Chevy/FSN boat along with a camera boat filming for a few days. I didn't get close enough to see who it was but I assume the show will be on Fox Sports sometime here in the future...they were in some great smallmouth water and I didn't want to bother them.

He did a great show with KVD on the Detroit River a couple years ago. When he doesn't act like a tool and is on the big water he is fun to watch. I liked an episode he did with some local yocal on Lake Michigan spoon plugging Buck Perry style for 5-6 pound smallies in a 14' aluminum. Was crazy to watch...

There were definitely some familiar sights in that show...also I was out there not too long after the Stren last season and saw a Team Chevy/FSN boat along with a camera boat filming for a few days. I didn't get close enough to see who it was but I assume the show will be on Fox Sports sometime here in the future...they were in some great smallmouth water and I didn't want to bother them.

This might have been Kim Stricker---he does the Hook N' Look show and he did do a show on the St.Lawerance last year.  It was awesome to see how many fish were on the drop-off they were fishing.  If you're not familiar with the show, he is the one that fishes, then scuba dives to see what is truly down there.

This might have been Kim Stricker---he does the Hook N' Look show and he did do a show on the St.Lawerance last year. It was awesome to see how many fish were on the drop-off they were fishing. If you're not familiar with the show, he is the one that fishes, then scuba dives to see what is truly down there.

Thanks, I just checked out his Hook 'n Look page and found out it was Kim and Charlie Hartley( which makes sense since Charlie had just fished the Stren there) on the St. Lawrence. From what I gather it's the 10th episode of '09 on Versus and is focused on gobies and smallies. It's kind of strange that I just read a couple of weeks ago that Kim and his son got in a horrific accident traveling between lakes and are lucky to be alive. I saw accident pictures of his rig and didn't put 2 and 2 together. I'm sure now it was him I saw those days. The fish in my avatar pic came from an area fairly close to where they were fishing.

Where were they on the river? I am adjacent to the rock light that they showed in a camera shot in the show but i didn't recognize where they found the school of smallies...

I also saw Rock Island in that show...but the spot where they caught all those smallies had a clear view of the lake in the background. It looked alot like the Wolfe Island area.

you fished that before? I've never been that far down the river .Past Cape Vincent? smallies in 3-6ft of water was like 15 years ago!!
It looked like it was right around Cape Vincent, in which case I have fished that area. You can still catch them shallow especially on the lake if you find the right structure.(rocks w/ weeds mixed in)