Sign in to follow this  
slonezp

Ky Lake 3/30-4/2

Arrived in Benton, KY at 3:30 on Wednesday and was on the lake at 4:30. First thing we noticed was the lake was really low. About 4-5ft below summer pool. Cool, windy, and overcast. Water temps varied throughout the trip from 49-54 degrees. Went to some spots that have always produced fish and we did have some decent action on soft plastics and jigs. Thursday was overcast in the morning and partly sunny in the afternoon. We caught more fish today than on the others but most were short. I hooked a PIG that was too fat to jump. She rolled and threw the hook. Friday came around and so did the wind. 2-3ft rollers on the main lake and a pain to control the tin boat. we called it a day at 1:00 and went over to the Moors to watch the FLW/Everstart weigh in. Didn't feel so bad after seeing many of those guys bringing in 1 or 2 fish bags. Saturday was another windy day with little action and mostly short fish. The College/National Guard weigh in was at the Moors and word had it they didn't do to well. (I believe they weighed in 20 fish total).

We couldn't establish any kind of a pattern except the majority of the fish were caught shallow near deep water. We caught fish on plastics, jigs, cranks, and spinners. Most of the fish were scattered. I spoke with a guy doing creel surveys. He said the TVA was going to lower the lake another 2ft before they bring it back up to summer pool. On a sad note 2 fishermen were killed when they got too close to the dam and their boat capsized.

Here's a few pics.

kylake4-11002.jpg

kylake4-11001.jpg

kylake4-11013.jpg\

kylake4-11005.jpg

kylake4-11004.jpg

kylake4-11003.jpg

Some weigh in pics

kylake4-11006.jpg

kylake4-11010.jpg

I think this girl was 7lbs 14oz

kylake4-11009.jpg

This guy won the FLW tourney. He had 51lbs after the day 2 weigh in. A 7lb5oz big bass. He ended up getting 9lbs on day 3 and his fish as well as most of the top 10 were caught in Tennessee.

kylake4-11007.jpg

Nice fish...

I know you love them Carhartt jackets. I wouldn't want to live without mine.