Sign in to follow this  
crward9811

Looking For Hot Fishing Around Memphis, Tn

Alright guys I am looking for a good lake to take my dad to. He is not big into bass fishing because he never catches anything. I want to take him somewhere close to Memphis besides pickwick. I want him to be able to catch some numbers no matter if they are dinks. I think once he catches some he will be hooked and we will start going to pickwick I just cant get him to make the trip right now. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

I took my grandson to the Meeman Shelby State Park last week during his spring break. We caught a lot of small bass in Piersol lake on a Berkley power worm in the june bug color. Nothing big but it was a lot of fun.

ghogan52 Thanks for the advice. do you have to remove your motor or can you just not use it. Will they let you on the lake with the motor attached.

Hey man,

There's Horseshoe to the west in Arkansas thats 30 minutes from dowtown and Lake View to the south thats not 30 to 45 minutes from Cordova.

ghogan52 Thanks for the advice. do you have to remove your motor or can you just not use it. Will they let you on the lake with the motor attached.

Both lakes in the State Park are trolling motor only but you can leave your big motor on your boat. Piersol Lake has a very rough ramp. You will need a very small boat or 4 wheel drive. The other Lake in the park is larger and has a better ramp.

I would agree eith ghogan...i live around the corner poplar tree and persol.... tons of fish not much size, but u can catch a fish on just about every limb or bush insight