Sign in to follow this  
bassfishin14

Frog Rod Upgrade

i want to upgrade from my current frog rod which is a Diawa L&T frog rod. i really want something that is balanced so i can fish comfortable all day. i currently have 3 dobyns rods now and i am trying to slowly convert to all dobyns rods. i love the way they feel, and how balanced they are!

the models i am looking at right now are:

1. dobyns champion 735c

2. dobyns champion 736c

3. dobyns champion extreme 745c

4. dobyns savvy 735c

im stuck on the 2 champions cause they have different ratings. i will be fishing mostly golf course ponds that are mostly cheesed over and other lakes with the same structure. i tend to go to the delta quite a bit to.

is the 736 a broom stick? i like a soft tip so i can walk the frog easy but still have that backbone to horse them out of the slop.

if anyone has any of these rods or all of them and would like to give me your 2 cents please do!

thanks!

i want to upgrade from my current frog rod which is a Diawa L&T frog rod. i really want something that is balanced so i can fish comfortable all day. i currently have 3 dobyns rods now and i am trying to slowly convert to all dobyns rods. i love the way they feel, and how balanced they are!

the models i am looking at right now are:

1. dobyns champion 735c

2. dobyns champion 736c

3. dobyns champion extreme 745c

4. dobyns savvy 735c

im stuck on the 2 champions cause they have different ratings. i will be fishing mostly golf course ponds that are mostly cheesed over and other lakes with the same structure. i tend to go to the delta quite a bit to.

is the 736 a broom stick? i like a soft tip so i can walk the frog easy but still have that backbone to horse them out of the slop.

if anyone has any of these rods or all of them and would like to give me your 2 cents please do!

thanks!

I got rid of my Dobyns and didn't have those models anyway but I hear they have an unbelievable customer service department. Maybe try giving them a call and tell them what you're looking for. However, the first thing I would do is go to a store that carries them and feel each one, see what fits you best.

I am a big Loomis guy, but I use the Dobyns Champion 736 for all my frog fishing. It has a soft enough tip to walk the frog in open water and more than enough backbone to fish the slop. I have this rod paired with Shimano Chronrach D and it is a match made in heaven.