Sign in to follow this  
skunked_again

Trolling Motor 2/12V - 12V - 24V Switch

are these universal from manufacturer to manufacturer.

im referring the boat switch and not the 12/24v switch on the trolling motor switch.

thanks.

Not sure what you mean by a "2/12V - 12V - 24V" switch.

We make an automatic "Trollbridge24" switch that will change the batteries from parallel to series. The batteries are normally in parallel so you have 12 volts going to the motor supplied by both. If you switch the motor to 24 volts, the automatic switch will put the batteries in series so both are now giving you 24 volts.

If that is not what you mean, I'll need a little more information.

Not sure what you mean by a "2/12V - 12V - 24V" switch.

We make an automatic "Trollbridge24" switch that will change the batteries from parallel to series. The batteries are normally in parallel so you have 12 volts going to the motor supplied by both. If you switch the motor to 24 volts, the automatic switch will put the batteries in series so both are now giving you 24 volts.

If that is not what you mean, I'll need a little more information.

im not sure i know what im talking about myself. the factory switch on my boat (not the trolling motor) has 3 positions. 2/12v - 12v - 24v. i can tell you the switch is a 6 terminal switch.

terminals are listed as: 1 and 2 are 2/12v - terminals 3 and 4 are 12v - terminals 5 and 6 are 24v. i assume its an easy switch to replace....

post-10065-0-09800000-1302660838_thumb.j

Yes that appears to be standard Double Pole Double Throw switch, or frequently called a DPDT switch.

If you can get one with "Center Off" it can also be used to disconnect the motor.

You need to purchase one that is rated for the current drawn by your trolling motor or preferably higher for maximum life.

Copy the wiring exactly from the old one before removing, if you make a mistake putting them back you can blow fuses or melt wires.

I found a 30 amp one HERE for about $35. But many motors draw more than 30 amps.

You can get an automatic switch for about $100 that automatically switches between 12 volts for charging and when your motor is set to 12 volts, or 24 volts when the motor is set to 24 volts. They are rated for trolling motors up to 80 amps.