Sign in to follow this  
SirSnookalot

South Florida

If some have interest, this is what's happening. The SW fishing isn't great but it's starting to happen. Went out of Palm Beach inlet yesterday, was windy and had 5 footers so we only fished an hour or so and came back in, caught kings in the 15-20 range. Cobia have been happening, bonita are coming in and still plenty of sails around.

On the way home I stop by Juno and fish the beach for a little bit, caught snook, about 8-10#.

Got the outgoing so I'm jack hunting at dawn, fish for snook first.

nice report snook. going out tomorrow with a friend to lake boca with my 2 kids and his 2 kids. if the wind isn't too bad, he said we may do a drop on a couple of spots he has in 200 feet of water. he has been getting huge muttons and a couple of cobia. hope the kids can handle it. if not we will head in.

Friday

East winds 12 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Dominant period 5 seconds. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.

I think that is a tame forecast based on what I saw today and the Boynton inlet was vicious, Boca gets that way too.

If you do get out the cobes are in 80' and less, kings 80-120', but I'm not familiar with the reef structure in that area.

I did get 2 snook this morning, 1 on a bucktail and a slob on a spoon. I couldn't pull it into the beach, had to wade out to release the hook........big lady.

Thanks for the info. I will be out there a few times this week. Still waiting for my first cobia of the year. Got a nice 10-12 Mahi last week.