Sign in to follow this  
clayton86

Fliping Frogs

this is spawning off the horny toad thread. does any one flip/pitch horny toads or like frogs into brush or wood. you seen frogs all the time diving down into the stuff when they jump off the bank so why not throw a 1/2oz pegged weight on a 4/0 horny toad and toss it in the brush like a frog foraging i think it would be killer and new or maybe not so new if your already doing it.

They work on a carolina rig, jig trailer, flipping bait, top water. Really not much you can't do with a frog

I was doing that yesterday evening; using a Producto Buzz Tail Frog (Green Pumkin Shad) on a 4/0 ewg hook with a 1/4 pegged bullet. Fished it through the tulles and pads.

The Zoom Horny Toad with a 1/4oz weight and 5/0 Gamakatsu EWG is N-A-S-T-Y flipped in and around shallow grass or wood.

I also like trimming it up and putting it on a light weight jig. Something about it's leg action that gets em' to commit on some days.