Sign in to follow this  
joshholmes

Banjo Minnow

im guessing anyone who has heard of the bnjo minnow thought of it as a gimmick. after the bite died at my lake and i had triedeverything i found some old banjo 006 minnows in the bottom of my tackle bag. i nose hooked it with a gammie octopus hook. there was a huge spawning bass in the 7lb range 15 feet in front of he end of my dock and would never eat anything. i threw my banjo minnow behind it, let it sink, twitched it and BAMM!!! this thing attacked it. i swear i was gonna have a heart attack because my line was 8 lb. test and i forgot to set my drag earlier. after a great fight i caught her snapped a pic, measured her and let her go. this thing hurt my wrist to hold up for the camera for so long. she was peaking barely over 7 lbs. my point is i now love banjo minnows and i can make them do a perfect upright swim now. please give them a try , anyone who disregarded it as a gimmick. it caught me the biggest bass of my life.

In before Irene.

:D I once dated a women named Irene. She was a mean ole girl.

now that i think about it i might qualify for a yearly NY angler award. but my fish was a catch annd release so it probably would be in a different category

See the FAQ. ;)