weedsnager1

Ne Missouri / Se Iowa

i'm headed to NE missouri / SE iowa this week.i plan on hitting sugema, lake show me, fox valley...any reports?? water temp?

I fished Sugema on the 12th & 13th for a couple hours both evenings, they were biting pretty good. I can't really remember, but I think the water temps were in the mid to upper 60's, but they have had some colder and rainy weather since then. I love that lake, its a really good crappie lake too. They killed off the shad in that lake last fall, and with it they got some of the other fish - reports say that the walleye took it harder than the other species, bass didn't seem to be affected by it too much. Saw a lot of people cleaning crappie too, so they must have come through it ok. The fish kill have people scared off some, so it may not be as crowded as usual(I've never had to fight for a spot to fish anyway). Seemed like the bass were up around the rip rap and flooded trees when I was there, I caught a lot of bass when I was targeting crappie.

fished fox valley on thursday for about an hour, water was around 66 on all three lakes i hit, fished it only for an hour because i drove a 1/2 ounce jig into my finger.

089.JPG

if anyone has ever been to this lake, it is out in the middle of nowhere, and i was fishing by myself. so i loaded the boat and drove and hour to the hospital to get it removed.

headed to lake sugema the next morning, it was a tad high

094.JPG

093.JPG

fished for 10 hours, all the fish i caught were related to rock

098.JPG

went to lake show me on staurday morning,both parking lots were full, never seen so many boats on this lake!

100.JPG

That looks really painful. Wow, I can't believe that lake is up so high! I knew they had a lot of rain, but I didn't know they had that much! Good thing about that lake, it takes alot to get it muddy. Did you catch a bunch of 'em at Sugema?

caught at about 10 at sugema, no real big ones.... when i was leaving the DNR was there pulling the ramp out a bit so it would be dry