I fish a dropshot rig on a 6'0 Daiwa ML spinning combo.On that combo I have 6 pound backing,15 pound braid(6 pound diameter)main line and then a 6 pound Fluorocarbon leader.It works very well for me.

Decided to spool an UL setup the same way.I won't be using it for DS though.I may just throw some really light finesse tackle and small cranks with it.Is the bnraid and its strength overkill for this little setup?

The braid might be. Most guys I know of usually use 2 to 4lb fluro, or mono on a UL set up, but that's not to say you can't choose something else. IMHO, the braid wouldn't be a benefit, so why bother having to have 2 knots on your line, plus another connection at the lure..?

I would be more inclined to spool up with a top notch fluro, like Tatsu, kinda spendy, but great line.

Just my 3 cents.. B)

I fish a dropshot rig on a 6'0 Daiwa ML spinning combo.On that combo I have 6 pound backing,15 pound braid(6 pound diameter)main line and then a 6 pound Fluorocarbon leader.It works very well for me.

Decided to spool an UL setup the same way.I won't be using it for DS though.I may just throw some really light finesse tackle and small cranks with it.Is the bnraid and its strength overkill for this little setup?

Just wondering why you are wanting to go so light with your crankbait setup? I think the ML will be light enough for you.

The guys I know who fish crankbaits will play around with different lines (lower test) when they are wanting more depths with certain lures, but those are guys on boats using depth finders.

If you plan on going with the 6 lb on a crankbait, you might try using a line like Yo-Zuri Hybrid 6 lb as it should help you with the stretch you are needing when you set the hook.

-b