Sign in to follow this  
Team_Dougherty

Want To Turn Your 5 Speed Motor Into A Maximizer?

This is not my auction and I do not know the guy selling it. I have seen posts from people who asked if they could do this.

MinnKota does not make these any more and they only turn up on ebay once in a blue moon,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAXIMIZER-MINN-KOTA-ELECRONIC-POWER-CONTROLLER-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem564438e370QQitemZ370511766384QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Makes me wonder why Minnkota stopped selling them. Two thoughts come to mind. Their "performance" was disappointing, or they just didn't sell, possibly for reason number one.

Makes me wonder why Minnkota stopped selling them. Two thoughts come to mind. Their "performance" was disappointing, or they just didn't sell, possibly for reason number one.

These came out when the PWM. Pulse width modulation, first came out and before they were built into the motors. They work great. it is the same as this. http://cgi.ebay.com/12V-30A-360W-DC-Motor-Speed-Control-PWM-Controller-/140552769738?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b99910ca but made by minnkota.

Well, it is sure nice just having it built right in!!

I've got one of those Maxximizers I bought new many years ago. Acutally they work very well but there is a small problem. They are only 12 volt and they are limited to motors that only have about 35 lbs of thrust