Sign in to follow this  
BASSclary

Bps Johnny Morris Sig Series Ii Rods

I played around with then at the richmond BPS and I thought they felt pretty dang good. was just wondering how they stack up sensitivity wise? The price tag is definitely attractive, and is there any difference between the Sig series and Carbon Black rods? They look like the same thing but with cork handles on the Carbon's.

I played around with then at the richmond BPS and I thought they felt pretty dang good. was just wondering how they stack up sensitivity wise? The price tag is definitely attractive, and is there any difference between the Sig series and Carbon Black rods? They look like the same thing but with cork handles on the Carbon's.

They're not too bad. The Signature II is a better rod than the Carbon Black. Better guides, different scrim, and better tapers. I picked up two of the Sig II three weeks ago, on a bit of a whim. I wanted a 7-2 Medium and a 7-6 H XF, those happened to be the two that were available locally. The 7-2 M is a decent plastics rod, great for throwing a Senko or lighter TX Rigs. It's actually a decent rod to throw 3/16-5/16 ounce jigs on, too. The HXF is one heck of a stick for not a lot of bank. It's easily as sensitive as rods costing considerably more. If I were to put my beloved Cumara up against the Sig II, except for 2-3 rods, I'd be just as happy with the Sig II, but would own a couple more Calais reels.