Sign in to follow this  
Fat Boy

Got Me A New Flippin Stick

I just purchased a replacement for my old Diawa flipping rod. I got the Powell Max 766 flipping rod on sale 15% off. My wife says it's my father's day present :headbang: . I think that I'll match it up with my old Castaic since it's still an awesome reel for me rather than buy a new flipping/pitching reel. Instead, I'll probably buy a general use baitcasting reel, something like the Curado perhaps...maybe that will be my birthday present.

Good choice of rod. I have 2 Powells and they are some sweet sticks plus their customer service is next to none!!!

I must have clicked something wrong on the website because I actually got the 765 MH rod. Oh well, I guess I'll primarily pitch anyway with it. Maybe I will get the 766 for Xmas B) The 765 though feels awesome in my hand.

I also found a gift card that I got last Xmas that I forgot to use, so I used it to buy and try out the Ardent F-700 flipping reel. I'll be teaming it with Sufix 832 50 lb. braid. I should get that reel in the next 3 or 4 days. I can't wait! Soon, I'll be yokin' 'em in the boat with that set up! I can't wait!

I'll post a review on all of the products once I've had some time to fish them.