Sign in to follow this  
MaineBassMan

First Decent Spinnerbait Largemouth For 2011

Went fishing today with a terrible storm front coming through. Very gusty winds and Thunder storms. My jigs didn't work today, nor the cranks so I picked up the spinnerbait and on the first cast this guy bit. They were located around rocks in last years pickerel grass. Caught close to thirty between 2lbs - 3lbs. The first one was the biggest at 4lbs 4oz.

upclose.jpg

The lightning got a little too close so I called it a day even though the bite was on. :( If the weather is better tomorrow I think I'm going to try my favorite smallmouth lake.

Ha Great job man! I almost went out today too but I'm still too chicken to go out alone with this new boat - gotta figure it out/get a trolling motor. Man good for you way to hit them! Can't wait to hear how you do tomorrow! Jealous as always!!

Ha Great job man! I almost went out today too but I'm still too chicken to go out alone with this new boat - gotta figure it out/get a trolling motor. Man good for you way to hit them! Can't wait to hear how you do tomorrow! Jealous as always!!

Once you get that trolling motor and get out on the water, you'll start pulling them in too. Maine bass waters will make anyone look good! Our bass aren't as pressured. ;)

Dang, nice fish. Sorry you had to cut it short. I can only imagine how the rest of the day would have went.

Nice fish. Was out this weekend and also hit a good spinnerbait bite with similar results to yours. Strong wind is always fun to fish in.

Hey guys care to share what the relative water temps are right about now where ur fishing? lol I ask a lot of questions I know but I'm tryin to figure this all out lol one day I won't have to ask anymore haha

Hey guys care to share what the relative water temps are right about now where ur fishing? lol I ask a lot of questions I know but I'm tryin to figure this all out lol one day I won't have to ask anymore haha

average is around 65.8 degrees, the smallmouth and largemouth are starting spawn. I've seen beds from both.

average is around 65.8 degrees, the smallmouth and largemouth are starting spawn. I've seen beds from both.

Hey thanks man! Yeah that's what I was thinking about - mid 60's should be spawn and I was hoping it was finally getting up to around that temp due to the recent weather! I'm SOOOOO close to getting rigged here with a trolling motor and fish finder. Then I'll be asking half as many questions! lol thanks a lot man for all your help I'm gonna dedicate my first lunker of the year to you :)

Good luck today if you go out! I'm gonna hit a spot from shore today where largemouth were hanging out last year and hopefully now are starting to spawn!!